Sunday, March 3, 2013

Simple Sunday Dinner

Sunday night and the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking. I may be trying to lose weight (and making progress) but that doesn’t mean I can’t have a burger every once in a while – especially if it’s homemade!

Simple Sunday Dinner March 3

Tonight’s Simple Sunday Dinner was a turkey burger (99% lean ground turkey) seasoned with pepper, turmeric and a dash of sea salt. Cook on medium heat in a skillet with the cover on to keep the lean meat moist. Woody found thin, whole grain ciabatta rolls and we added a little New Zealand lite cheddar cheese and Cherry Republic cherry mustard. On the side: green beans and spinach.

Simple but flavorful, healthy and satisfying!

Now I’m prepping my lunch and snack for work tomorrow.

What’s your favorite Simple Sunday Dinner? How was your weekend? What did you do to stay active?

2 comments:

Yo Momma Runs said...

Yum! We usually crock post something when we are going for easy. If we fill up the crock pot, it's usually plenty of food for the family, so we worry less about getting the portions just right.


After my marathons, I always crave a giant burger!

gracekelle said...

That looks delicious and super lean/healthy. i learned a trick where after i flip the patty over, put the slice of cheese on it and cover. Covering it melts the cheese like at restaurants. Yum.


Not sure if you've done this before, but when it rocked my world when I learned this trick.


Funny that my simple dinners are always during the weekdays...Sundays are when I usually go all out. But my favorite simple dinner is a burger patty on greens with veggies or grilled chicken and spinach. Not very imaginative!