As a New Yorker - by way of Michigan - I appreciate brevity and thus I'll give you a quick rundown on who I am and what you might find here.
- I've lived in NYC since 2004 - working first for a major record label and now for a PR agency
- I started running earnestly in 2006 and fell in love with it, even though I'm prone to injuries
- I married the love of my life - 'Woody' - in 2007 and am so thankful to have him in my life
- In 2008 I was diagnosed with a rare condition called Cushing's Disease and underwent surgery to have a tumor removed from my pituitary gland 10 months before I ran the marathon; I still deal with the effects today
- Not until 2010 did I actually start to spend time cooking and trying new healthy recipes - I think we're some of the few New Yorkers who actually spend more money on groceries than meals out
- In 2011 I became an ambassador for Oiselle - the coolest women's running apparel company out there - and run for the team
- Traveling is a passion of mine; if I could travel every month I would
- I love trying various fitness classes - keep it fun & interesting!
- NYC is an incredible city and I'm blessed to call it home
I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to email me with questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/earlymorningrun
or Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/lisaalcorn/
|Finish line of the Detroit Half Marathon 2011|
|US Open 2012|
|Savannah, Ga 2013|