I moved to Denver in late June, 2013 after living in New York City for nine years. Originally from Michigan, I will always be a Midwesterner (and Michigan State Spartan) at heart!
So, here's a bit about me:
- I lived in NYC from 2004 to 2013, first for a major record label and now for a PR agency
- I started running in 2006 and fell in love with it, even though I'm prone to injuries
- I married the love of my life - 'Woody' - in 2007 and am so thankful to have him in my life
- In 2008 I was diagnosed with a rare condition called Cushing's Disease and underwent surgery to have a pituitary tumor removed just 10 months before I ran the NYC marathon; I still deal with the effects of Cushing's Disease today
- In 2010 I started to spending more time cooking and trying new healthy recipes - I think we were two of the few New Yorkers who actually spent more money on groceries than eating out
- In 2011 I became an ambassador for Oiselle - the coolest women's running apparel company out there - representing the brand at races throughout the year and other events
- Traveling is a passion of mine; if I could travel every month I would. We typically take a few long weekend trips to a new cities and one longer trip each year. My Grandparents had a huge world map on the wall in their basement with pins noting the hundreds of countries they had visited. I hope to have that one day
- I love trying new fitness classes - keep it fun & interesting!
- Living in NYC was an incredible experience and while I'll miss it dearly, I am incredibly excited about our adventures to come in Denver!
I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to email me with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com
Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/earlymorningrun
|Finish line of the Detroit Half Marathon 2011|
|US Open 2012|
|Savannah, Ga 2013|